In collaboration with the Italian Government and the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, the Young Ambassadors Society (YAS) is recruiting the delegates that will represent Italy at the Youth 20 (Y20), the official engagement group of the G20 dedicated to young people.
For the first time in history, in 2021 Italy will host the Y20 Summit, the official youth engagement group of the G20 Italy. The Y20 will be organised by the Young Ambassadors Society and it will take place in Milan at the end of July 2021.
YAS is now recruiting the three Italian Delegates that will attend the Summit.
The delegates will be called to address the following themes:
- Sustainability, Climate Change and Environment
- Innovation, Digitalization and Future of Work
The outcome of the discussions among delegates will be collected in a communiqué, which will be presented to G20 leaders.
To apply, candidates must:
- Be aged between 18 and 30 at the time of the Summit.
- Be fluent in English (speaking, writing and reading) and able to negotiate with other delegates.
- Have strong academic background and/or relevant volunteer or working experience.
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the themes of the Summit.
- Have demonstrated leadership skills.
- Have a strong interest in foreign policy and global issues.
- Understand global problems with a multicultural perspective.
- Be able to attend and commit to the Y20 Summit and the activities before/after the Summit.
Board and accommodation in Milan will be provided. However, each delegate should cover the expenses for the round trip to Milan.
Delegates are expected to be proactive, engaged, and enthusiastic, individually as well as in the group. They are expected to spend time preparing for the Summits (e.g. by researching topics, attending online pre-meetings and negotiations, writing policy papers, and such alike) and after the Summit to work on possible follow-up actions.
Shortlisted candidates may be contacted for an online/telephone interview.
The deadline for submitting the application is the 10th of February 2021. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so early application is encouraged.